Friday, November 23, 2007

The Lie Log

How many lies do you tell in a day? What do those lies say about you?

What are the lies that we have in common? What do the lies we share tell us? What do they tell us about what we want to believe, and what it takes to make us believe it?

Casmall and I intend to start keeping lie logs, a record of all the lies we tell each day. We want to know what lies you are telling too. Just share the 'white lies;' if you did something illegal or truly mean-spirited we don't want to know about it.

I'll start... well, just as soon as I tell a lie I will. It won't be long, I'm not a very honest person.

3 comments:

Mächtige Maus said...

While playing cribbage today, I told Agincourt that I wasn't pouting because I was losing. But really, I was *totally* pouting.

Does it count as a lie if the person is on to you? Because she didn't buy it for a minute.

habladora said...

Yup - that totally counts!

And so do lies of omission, I think... so I do have one:

When everyone said "bye" to my Nana today, they all said "See you at Christmas." But, while I WILL make a trip to see her around Christmas, I WON'T be there on Christmas day with the rest of the family. So, I just didn't mention my plans, 'cause I didn't want to upset her.

Hey! Now that I've confessed, I feel guilty... Isn't it supposed to work the other way around?

Agincourt said...

I'm slightly sure that I made fun of Casmall at some point when he was describing a certain fantasy book regarding armored bears and who knows what else. And well....armored bears still sounded silly. And yet..I admit I'm quite looking forward to seeing The Golden Compass...so..all apologies here. :-) Both from me...and Alvin the Snow Leopard. Armored Bears are cool I admit it...