Sunday, July 13, 2008

When A Maus Attacks!

Right then. Casmall had his chance here. LaPH had her chance here. That two day deadline she threatened with has long since passed. So, leave it to a wee little Maus to take over the Armchair world. And one never knows what topic I may focus on because I'm crazy like that.

I just finished reading an excellent little blog post that made me laugh. Agincourt was just looking at me funny as a result. A previous post of mine introduced you all the new Speedo LZR racing suit that the world is sporting these days. Now, over at swimnetwork.com, there is a hilarious blog post by Obnoxious Swim Mom. She details the agony that can go along with donning the LZR.

I can only imagine the difficulty. The initial creations of fast suits that I was able to wear was indeed a challenge. To get it on, I almost had to adopt a pee-pee dance motion to pull that thing up. And heaven forbid you had to try and get it on if you were wet. And getting it off was no piece of cake either.

Ah...such fond memories!


1 comment:

Agincourt said...

Okay. I have to share here. I swam competitively earlier in my life, but not to the extent and dedication and success of Maus. And ya know, no one ever told me that I could just pull my damn suit...er..crotch, to the side and pee!!

Yep. I, like (apparently) an idiot, struggled with my damn cold, wet clinging, racing suit...wriggling it off to pee..and then more painfully, back on. Ugh.

Maybe THAT is why I decided competitive swimming was too much bother!