Monday, December 31, 2007

The Junk Mail Stops Here

Mail time at home has become an effort in futility for me these days. 90% of the mail is worthless junk mail. It infuriates me. I spend a good 15 minutes opening this crap so as to pull out my personal information for shredding. The remaining portion is directly recycled. While I have followed the opt out procedures for telemarketers, it is almost impossible to manage the same feat with junk mail. Enter my new best friend. Greendimes is a for-profit group that does the work for you to stop unwanted junk mail from ever reaching you. It saves paper. It saves water. They plant ten trees when you sign up. I just joined this group so cannot comment on the true extent of its effectiveness. It apparently can take up to three months to see the full benefit. However, if this removes even a fraction of the junk mail that arrives at this house, I will be a happy little Maus.

No comments: